Social League for Compass Pointe G.C. Women Members
Social League Mission Statement
Social League is a wonderful program designed for and limited to women members who aren't already playing in another league in an effort to promote new golfer camaraderie and provide new and social golfers with their own league in which to learn etiquette, rules, play with modified formats and enjoy social golf.
Look for 2024 updates near the bottom of the page!
Get on the Social League List!
• The Social League roster WILL NOT be transferred into the next year. Register at the golf shop yearly by end of February with correct name and email address.
• If you're not on the eligible Social League List (and are not a member of another league) and don't get the weekly email invite but want to play, please contact the Golf Shop (910-777-7766 x1).
Weekly Thursday Registration Process & Eligibility
• Eligible Social League players will receive an email invitation 7 days in advance via Golf Genius email.
• Open the email and click the appropriate button to be included for the enxt week's play. Simple hit the 'PLAYING' button if playing or 'NOT PLAYING' button if not playing.
• The weekly field is limited to the first 36 players. After the field is full, a wait list will be generated and will be used to fill in the field if there is a cancellation. After registering, please cancel ASAP if you can't play. Go to the email you received, press 'NOT PLAYING' to cancel by 10am on the morning of the event or if between 10am-2pm, contact the golf shop by 2pm. Pairings are run at 10am based on who is on the response list for that week.
• DO NOT call the Golf Shop to register to play, all sign-ups go through Golf Genius personally by the player. Contact the Golf Shop if assistance needed with help on learning Golf Genius or troubleshooting issues.
• Each person must respond to the email invite by 10am on the morning of the Thursday event in order to play.
• Pairings will be sent via a Golf Genius email near or after 10am on the day of the event.
• If a member already in another league (i.e. LOP) would like to play, she can call the golf shop after 2pm on that THursday to be added in if a spot is available. She may also stop by in-person at the bag drop to see if she can be added into an opening just before play near 3:45pm.
Important Policies about Wait List, No Shows and Cancelling
• During the peak of the Social League Season there will most likely be waiting lists. On the day you answer your invitation email, if you know you will not be playing, please answer the invitation email appropriately.
• If a player NO SHOWS at the event and does not cancel through the email by 10am or alert the Golf Shop by 2pm, it will be considered a breach of the Social League Rules. Any person who reaches two of these breaches will be removed from the invitation list for the season. The player may still be able to play, however, but will need to arrive at the bag drop and wait for a possible last-minute spot to become available on the day of near 3:45pm. This policy is in place in an effort to reduce open slots that could have been fairly filled in by someone on the wait list, thank you!
Social League Fees charged to Member Account
No need to check-in at golf shop, roster marked as bags loaded. Charges will be applied to accounts based on membership level.
• $0 for Full Renaissance Member with Cart Plan
• $12.50 for Renaissance Member w/o Cart Plan
• $20.00 for Lifestyle Member
Golf Staff and On-Course Help
Bern Coulter, PGA, Nicole Weller LPGA / PGA or Golf Professional Staff will ride the course at least once per month to cheer groups on, provide on-course tips and help with rules and pace of play hints. Staff isn't analyzing or critiquing swings, don't get nervous when they drive by and wave... they're your cheerleaders and resources!
Social League Culture
Rules of Play
• Social League is a fun golf learning program for women and meets nearly each Thursday from Mid-March to late October.
• Social League play is a 9-Hole Event or Two Hours of Play, whichever comes first.
• Assemble by Bag Drop at 3:30 to 3:45pm for Social Time. A Golf Tip will be offered by The Professional Staff at 3:45pm.
• Groups are sent to the Course for a Shotgun Start just before 4pm. Begin play as soon as arriving at assigned tee.
• Players MUST play the Compass Course (Red) Tees. Other Tees may be assigned by the Professional Staff from Time to Time.
Pace of Play
• The maximum number of strokes allowed on any hole is Double the Par (6 on Red Tee par 3's, 8 on par 4's).
• If a player reaches the maximum strokes before holing out, she must pick up her ball and proceed to the next hole. This is
League Play, not practice time 😊
• A stroke is defined as any attempt to strike the ball. “Mulligans” or “Do Overs” are allowed but count as one of your max strokes.
• 'Ready Golf' is essential for pace of play; meaning any player may hit a shot out of turn as long as no one is in harm’s way.
• All Players should place a mark behind their ball with a small marker or coin as soon as possible after reaching the green.
This avoids having to be asked to mark the ball and saves time. Replace your ball when it is your time to play.
• Carry a few club choices to your ball [if not sure which ones you may need]. Plan as to avoid returning to your cart for more
clubs. Near the green and if not on the green, always bring a putter, high chipper (wedge or sorts) and a low chipper (8 or 7
iron or hybrid).
• Once on the green, place extra clubs on the green near the fringe edge between the hole and cart. Retrieve when returning
• Share the golf cart driving duties. The closest person to the golf cart moves the cart ahead.
• Keeping score is voluntary (use max stroke limit). Mark scores on scorecard after driving to the next tee (not still by the
Care of the Course Expectations
• Please use the sand bottles on each cart to fill any divots made on the tee or on the course. Carry the sand bottle with you
To your shot, place on ground near shot to avoid the need to return to your cart to retrieve it after your shot.
• Repair any ball marks seen on the green with a tee or similar tool.
• Avoid dragging or twisting your feet when walking on the green.
• All carts must stay on the cart paths when playing the Compass Course Red Tees.
• Our Kick-Off Meeting is Thursday, March 7th from 4-5pm at the Clubhouse Event Room. The event is Free and includes some light hors d'oeuvres sponsored by Nicole and Bern. Bring your putter! CLICK HERE to register or contact Nicole at email@example.com so Nicole and Bern can plan for food and chair numbers several days prior to the event.
• The meeting will focus on the Mission Statement, how the season will work this year, who is eligible to receive email invites or show for a spot on the day-of, meet & mingle, our No-Show/No-Cancel policy, Q&A, some fun video snippets and tips from the Pros. Everyone who played in the 2023 season is welcome to the Kick-Off!
• Our first play day Thursday, March 14. Those eligible for Social League emails will receive an invite from Golf Genius Thursday, March 7th - contact Ben or Jeff V at the golf shop with questions on / issues with Golf Genius. (Some might be attending the Dr. Alison Curdt Guest Speaker workshop with Nicole from 4-6pm and choosing to begin play the following week).
• Don't forget to register for this year's season roster at the Golf Shop by end of February. The 2023 roster list starts fresh this year and does not get carried over!
• All play days will start loading bags between 3:00-3:45pm. Nicole, Bern or Golf Shop Professional staff will conduct a quick tip near 3:45pm and then shotgun near 3:50pm to begin play at 4pm. Those on the wait list or looking for an open spot to play will be worked in at that point.
• Social League is held most Thursdays mid-March through end October based on time change, with the exception of a few weeks with Member Guest practice rounds during those exceptional tournament weekends.
Have a really fun time playing golf, hitting some uplifting shots, enjoying the scenery on our beautiful course and making new friends!